*From 1st April 2022, Amaze will no longer be managing the Compass Disability Register for West Sussex. Find out about changes to the Compass Card West Sussex in our detailed Compass Card West Sussex FAQs
Compass is the children and young people’s disability register for West Sussex and Brighton & Hove. It’s held by the Sussex-based charity Amaze on behalf of West Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. Registering on Compass is voluntary. If you register, your information is collated and used anonymously to help plan local services for 0 to 25s with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Once you’ve registered and your application has been approved, you’ll get a Compass Card, which gives you access to free and discounted fun, leisure and sport. If you provide consent, we’ll also send you regular updates about free Compass Days, one-off theatre offers, free tickets to local events and info on issues, services and events we think will interest you.
Before you start filling in the online application form:
- Check whether you're eligible. If you're still unsure or if you need extra help, email email@example.com or leave a message on 0300 123 9186.
- A parent, or carer with parental responsibility, should complete and sign the application form for under 16s. Young people aged 16 or over should complete their own form if they can (with help if needed). If they can’t complete the form themselves, a parent or carer with parental responsibility can do this.
- Make sure you choose the right application form: either the form for 0 to 17 year olds, or the form for 18 to 25 year olds.
- Complete a separate form for each child or young person with special educational needs or disabilities.
- The more information you provide the better – but if questions don’t apply, move to the next question. A red asterisk (*) next to a question shows that the question must be answered.